The McDonald STEELflow Indirect Unvented Heat Pump Cylinder is manufactured from duplex stainless steel, and specifically designed for use with either air source or ground source heat pumps. It can also be used with gas system boilers using Priority Domestic Hot Water (PDHW).
These cylinders have a large corrugated high efficiency indirect heat exchanger to ensure optimal heat transfer at lower flow temperatures. The coil’s corrugated design provides high heat transfer and flow rates from the heat pump, with faster recovery times than plain coils due to the increased surface area.
- High grade duplex stainless steel
- 25 Year guarantee
- Large corrugated indirect coil for maximum heat transfer
- Post weld treatment for maximum durability
- Low heat losses
- High density foam insulation
- Pressure loss on indirect heat pump coil less than 0.4 bar
- Heat Pump Coil Rating (HWA 002:2020) - 20.90 kW
- Coil Surface Area - 2.08 m2
- Immersion Heater at bottom of cylinder - Great for PV Diverters to store excess energy!